The Gentle Cycling Company.
Civilised cycling trips on the Great Taste Trail, for lovers of food, wine & beautiful
Come to us for bike hire and self-guided cycle tours on The Great Taste Trail. And fall in love with our Nelson. Electric bikes now available.
Talk to Rose
Like to talk to someone about your cycling on the Great Taste Trail? Give Rose a ring today
We think cycling is the best way to see Nelson. Come cycling with us and we’ll show you why
The Great Taste Trail
Take time and come cycling on the Great Taste Trail. Take a day – cycle through vineyards and taste the wine. And in between, stop for some fresh berries or a bag of apples. Take a few days – cycle to the Abel Tasman and soak up the sun and golden sand. And in between, stop to explore sleepy villages and take a ferry built for bikes.
The important stuff:
- The Gentle Cycling Company is situated close to the trail in Stoke, 8 km from Nelson City & 4km from Nelson Airport
- We have been operating since 2009
- We provide freedom hire & packages for single & multi day trips
- The Great Taste Trail is off-road. It is graded easy to intermediate, with a maximum elevation of 110 metres
- The Great Taste Trail runs from Nelson city to the village of Wakefield (Rail Route) and to Kaiteriteri Beach (Coastal Route)
- Kaiteriteri is the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park. We can include a park trip in any multi day cycling itinerary
- The newest section of trail is a 1.4km section through the Belgrove Railway Tunnel. This section is scheduled to be linked to the Great Taste Trail Rail Route at Wakefield by September 2018
Tasman’s Great Taste Trail is part of a network of Great Rides being developed throughout the country under the NZ Cycle Trails Project. The first section of Tasman’s Great Taste Trail opened in 2012. When completed, the trail will be 175km long.
Get in touch
We’re open 7 days from 9am – 5pm from 1 September 2017 till 27 April 2018. We are closed for Christmas 23 – 26 December and open for multi day rides but closed for single day rides on New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday & Anzac Day. Bookings are essential.